Our mission is simply to help people know Jesus. We want to help people inside and outside the church know Jesus by worshipping, growing, and serving in Jesus’ name.
Our history reaches back to April 25th, 1830 when the pioneering preacher, Rev. John Mason Peck, first gathered the fellowship that would become known as Upper Alton Baptist Church. Our congregation enjoyed a close relationship with neighboring Shurtleff College until it closed in 1957. The Preschool opened in 1980, and contemporary worship was introduced in 2000.